Pray, Persevere, and Prosper!

October 12, 2010

I am bringing to you today complete openness about the challenges that come with totally changing the course of your life. (Reference Nehemiah - especially chapter 2-4). Most people do not understand the experience of being called by God to do something. I was called to leave a position I was in for many years - and I knew partially it was to have the capacity to begin a women's ministry, but it was just that simple.

Was this hard? Absolutely. I loved my work. I loved the industry I was in. I had a passion for the business unmatched by my counterparts. But I knew for that time - and in that place - I had to answer God's call and leave. I was at peace. Totally at peace in making that decision. Six weeks later, and many prayers more, the doors that have opened, and the doors that have closed, have really challenged me in terms of focusing on what I am supposed to be doing. More specifically, understanding what it is I am supposed to be doing.

More than anything, I want to just focus on using Aflac as a means for income to push the ministry and marketing efforts along, but at the same time, opportunities are opening on all fronts and now I am more busy than I was with my 8 to 5 career. The last thing I want to see happen is my time from my family start to diminish. After all, that is one of the major reasons I wanted to make a change - to enjoy more of my son during the week.

I know the Lord has called me to be a conqueror - and that means in everything that I do to glorify Him. And that is honestly all I really know. So for now, I am treating every opportunity equally - keeping my options open - and hoping through more prayer and action - that I will receive clarity. Is it possible to grow all of these opportunities without compromising time with my family? I will not know unless I try, I guess. So much of God's work - as we see in the gospel - took day and night and ALOT of sacrifice. Am I just experiencing that same sort of sacrifice so that I can make progress?

I miss my career that I built. I miss the stability. I miss the people. The sacrifice is now much clearer than it was when I had that peace that I was doing the right thing. I have no doubts about the pursuit of Grace Abounds Ministry - but I am starting to see how much my career actually did serve my family in ways that are glorifying to God. I guess that is what experience and perspective are for = to gain wisdom.

Comments

Popular Posts