Obstacles and Oops's

October 5, 2010

My son James is not feeling well today. During his nap, I was able to make time to read and pray to focus on exactly what I need to be working on. After the amazing week last week of job interviews, consulting opportunities - it is hard to face this week where everything seems to be sort of in this holding pattern.

Through the blessings of mentorship from Mandy at the Little Steps organization in Greenville, S.C. - I learned the state and federal registration process for Grace Abounds Ministries can take anywhere from 3 months to 2 years to complete. Legally, I can not accept donations in this mnistries name until the 501c3 status is confirmed on both levels. So, I have to back up a bit and do more planning.

The blessing of mentorship is one that I am truly grateful for. I believe that God will use Little Steps in a great way to move the vision of Grace Abounds Ministries continually forward. I am not excited about the obstacle of the paperwork and legalities. Ooops! Getting a fundraiser in gear seemed to really put the cart before the horse on this one. What a great experience thus far to already know that God is workiing through many people to volunteer, donate, and get behind these efforts!!

It is nearing the end of the business day on Tuesday, and I have not had ANY phone calls from anyone about anything. That is hard to step into after such an active week last week where it seemed things on every level were really taking off. The last five weeks have been full of alot of work, fulfilling action, and phenomal experiences. I recognize the need to pray extra hours for my husband - that he will have patience beyond what he even thought he is capable of. He seems to still be holding on to some expectation of me filling this income gap - and while I am working hard, there is no money coming in yet and I am sure there will not be for quite a while. I am not really sure that being concerned about Jon's faith and patience is an obstacle, but it definitely weighs on me because I can not do anything to answer the circumstances we are in beyond what I am already called to do, and what I am already doing every day. My prayer is that God really teaches both of us through these experieces how to fully trust Him without any thought over what may be lost - rather that we focus all of our prayer, time, and energy about His purpose to be gained. Everything material can be replaced - and if there is any obstacle that could really detour us - I believe it really will be the change in our financial dynamic. As I am experiencing these concerns, I am led to scripture about becoming a conqueror. The whole Bible is about men who conquered when they followed God. That is all the proof I need when I am surrounded by obstacles. The one common denominator across all who conquered - is that they were steadfast, determined, with a positive attitude. - Luke 12:29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.



 



Comments

Popular Posts