Grace Abounds Ministries Update and CALL FOR HELP!

November 12, 2010

I can not begin to put into words this experience - and there is no way to explain these circumstances other than divine intervention and God's plan. Please read this entire passage :) 

As many of you know, I met with Tim Merrell, a local attorney here in Seneca, to go through paperwork and legal requirements for getting my non-profit Grace Abounds Ministries set up. During our conversations, he mentioned to me that he knows a lady that is doing something very similar to my vision and that I should contact her - and he gave me the website http://www.rippleofone.org/. WATCH THE VIDEO !!!

Because of the paperwork and fees involved and how long 501c3 status takes, he recommended that for now I piggyback off of another ministry. Of course, being the Type A controller that I am, I did not really believe that there could be anyone out there doing what I want to do -and surely not as good as I could do it. How arrogant of me - but that is the honest truth. Well, last week during the discipleship group that I lead, one of my girls mentioned that she could not pay her rent for the month. Wanting to reach out to help her, but realizing as her group leader it would not be appropriate for me to do that directly, I was reminded of Ripple of One - and so I contacted Stephanie Enders and shared my girl's story with her to see if she could help. Tim had told her all about me, Grace Abounds Ministries, the fundraiser I was working on, etc. We talked for about 45 minutes - and in the most divine and incredible fashion - everything I needed help on - Stephanie had done - and everything she needed resources for were the things that I had already put together like Pass the Purse. As we talked about meeting, we realized that we are actually distant neighbors, AND her husband is my physician (anesthesiologist). God without a doubt brought us together. I am going to take my grantwriting, mentorship, and fundraising capabilities that I was doing for Grace Abounds and plug those efforts into Ripple of One. We are working out the details on which elements of this ministry will be Grace Abounds Ministries and there is alot of work to do. I have had hours of meetings with Stephanie at Ripple already and I can not wait to share with all of you how all of this is coming together. It is truly amazing. I will be speaking as we develop workshops and seminars schedule. I am working together with Stephanie to develop communications plans and visibility for a full business partnership program and individual sponsorship program. To be working with an initiative like this, and get the opportunity to plug my ministry efforts into this under the umbrella of the United Way is such a blessing.

PROGRAMS: Financial - Spiritual - Physical - Educational
This combined ministry will be providing an end to end solution for the single moms and families by giving them not just money, but professional resources to train them to expand their horizons, health workshops to create a better lifestyle for both parents and children, financial workshops so they learn to be good stewards of their money and see that life DOES get much much better - and spiritual teaching that will give them a permanent foundation to build a Christ centered family and forever break the cycle of abuse and poverty.

FUNDRAISER: The Pass the Purse Fundraiser will be held in the Spring. We should have the date nailed down by the end of November. We have taken the concept a bit further for the purse auction. What I will do is continue building relationships with retailers and raise visibility around the community. Everyone - even if you are not a business - can participate by donating an auctioned package with a theme of their choice.
     For example, we will have a Clemson Go Tigers package (purse, jewelry, accessories, make up),
     a Gamecocks bundle, a Southern Elegance for your home package, etc. .

We are working to nail down our overall financial goal for the fundraiser. It will be a seated catered event. Retailers will be given the opportunity to exhibit at the event and there will be different sponsorship packages offered to them that will provide free branding and merchandising opportunities to them as part of their partnership/sponsorship package.

INDIVIDUAL SPONSORSHIPS: In order to meet the needs of our current list of clients/families, we will launch a social media and e-mail campaign that calls all donors - if we can get just 100 - $20.00/month sponsors, we can service our entire list of families that are waiting. YOU CAN GIVE NOW :) http://www.rippleofone.org/how-you-can-help.htm

Everything you need to know about how this money is used is on the ripple website. If you do not want to deal with online donations - please just call me and I will take your check made to Ripple of One straight to Stephanie.

Please spread the word now and I will keep you all updated weekly on the details.


Comments

Popular Posts