Going Through

September 28, 2010

Dear God,

I know that today NOTHING can happen that you and I can not handle together".

I woke up this morning knowing that I needed direction on how best to schedule my day - in order to make wise choices in how best to use my time. After prayer, doors began to open for appointments to move both the ministry efforts and my need for marketing opportunities forward. What a blessing!! My morning was free so I decided to get my 10k training out of the way - and that allows me to best serve my husband and son later this evening.

My goal today was to do 1.3 more miles than I did on my last run, to bring me to almost 6 miles, which is very close to my 10k distance goal. My secondary goal was to be diligent, and not stop. Habakkuk 3:19 tells us "The Lord God is my strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; Hem akes my feet like hinds feet and will make me to walk 'not to stand still in terror' but to walk' and make spiritual progress upon my high places 'of trouble, suffering or responsibility!' .....As usualy, about 2.5 to 3 miles in I wanted to simply quit, fall down, and rest. I prayed - and it hit me - I need to practice dilegence in everything that I do - in order to prepare for the times of adversity, the times in life where I want to simply quit, fall down and rest. If I can not learn to practice diligence in something as simple as training for a race, then how will I ever learn to practice diligence in my finances, ministry, marriage, etc. I made up my mind that in Christ I can do it, and that I was going to start today being diligent - and that I would NOT stop for anything. 35 minutes later I finished and reached my goal.

Diligence and going through the right types of action and making progress are becoming the theme of the day today. I had no idea how God would bless that effort, but during my quiet time, my lesson today was all about adversity and the importance of diligence as I go through this new path. I know the Lord needs my faith to be followed in action with belief that I will be diligent and I will take His vision for the spiritual, physical, emotional, and financial plan for my life to the finish line.

Joyce Meyer writes in "Never Give Up" that we grow when we determine in the midst of adversity to think and behave in godly ways. I know, that at this time, I have not really met difficulty and adversity like I will in the next coming months. I know that my husband is getting a little bit restless about not knowing what tomorrow will bring - because for 8 years he was able to depend on my income. I devoted time to praying just for my husband's faith to grow today - and for him to have the peace and comfort that I have - and rest in waiting for God's favor to show on all of this action I am taking day to day. I bet you that some of the adversity we may face will come when we may be faced with choices about how to modify our lifestyle as we are missing my income. I know that everything we own today is not mine - but provided by God. I will not worry or be anxious over where we will live, how, when or where we will be. And as uncertain as tomorrow is, you can guarantee that you will find me, my husband, and my son, in the Lord - no matter what we are going through. Because I am called to never give up - and to go - to "GO" - through and make progress until what I am set out to achieve in Him is finished.

My prayer today:
Lord, I know that there is not ANYTHING that you will set before me or my family that together, in YOU, we can't both handle. Lord I pray for bravery, courage, and diligence - financially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Please enlarge our territory through this diligence and bravery, that we not cause pain to others, but that we make life all about the power and glory of the relationship with Jesus we are all designed to have. Let your glory show - more of you Lord, and less of me.

Comments

Popular Posts