Day 2: Grace Abounds Ministries

September 25, 2010

What a blessing it has been - just enjoying the process of pursuing God's destination for this ministry and my life. I am reading Joyce Meyer's "Never Give Up" - it was a gift from a dear friend, (Thank you Rhonda Davis)!. Joyce says it is critically important to focus on your progress - Hebrews 12:2 "Looking away, towards Jesus". So today, I am going to share the progress that has been made in the last three weeks.

I have 6 faithful ladies that are attending weekly get togethers. The number will grow!

Through prayer - alot has happened beyond the weekly meeting. I was given insight from a friend (divine intervention) on types of fundraisers that I can try to pull off by December. That was my first goal for Grace Abounds Ministries - pull together at least one fundraiser by the end of 2010. I immediately began praying for the Lord to help me not miss out on one person or one blessing related to this goal. The flood gates opened - and Kim Fisher has inspired me to do a "pass the purse" type of fundraiser. It will require me to visit boutiques across South Carolina - asking for each to donate a designer hand bag. I will hold an official auction where ladies can bid on the bag of their dreams - and all of the proceeds will go to the very first funds for Grace Abounds Ministries.

More progress is evident in God's empowerment to allow me to face head on the reality of the sacrifices to come as I am taking one day at a time - with no income. It has only been three little weeks, but yesterday - the sky opened up. I received two contracting opportunities, a job interview, and I booked some business with Aflac. All I did was trust in the Lord - and take action each day - doing what I could do and nothing more. Beginning my day with God - and ending my day with God putting my family first. Now I have to pray steadfastly for God ordained wisdom to take the right steps on these opportunities that will help meet some of my responsibilities to the family but I do not want to experience any distraction or temptation that moves my focus from this destination to one about money.

I am determined to push through every sacrifice - time, money, ego - whatever - that I will have to make - and there will be many - to see this dream happen. We are promised in Isaiah 51:17 that God is pleased by the humility of sacrifice. After all, He gave the ultimate sacrifice of His Son and that will remain my point of reference to avoid complaining or feeling devoid of anything other than joy and peace.

So, there is no shortage of work or opportunities for me to help support my family's financial commitments. This is something I prayed specifically over - and to see the Lord rain down opportunities has been so validating and comforting.

The first week of change on this new path - the temptation overhwelmed to buy a new computer. I KNEW that my husband would oppose - but in my former life of being the breadwinner I did not even ever really ask or have any desire to submit to his discretions. I prayed for three days that God would bring me out of this temptation to go put it on a credit card (after all - I will have some sort of income right? Charging it is no big deal?) After prayer time, I realized I needed to call my husband and talk to him about it. He asked me to just wait a few days. I said I needed a computer really bad to make things happen. He said, "Well honey, have  you prayed for a computer? Why don't you pray for one first and wait to see if God provides". The NEXT day, my best friend called. She is moving to China. She had no idea this took place. And she said "Keri, Joe built me a computer a couple years ago but I can not take it to China with me. Do you want it?.....AMAZING!!!!!

Additional blessings - we got a check in the mail for $338 where we had overpaid a bill for James over a year ago. God says to test him on our tithe - and Jon and I committed to tithing through this entire journey. And we WILL honor His word on that.

The blessings of the relationships and God's glory - can not be put into words. I wish that I could go through one by one - each experience the Lord seems to bring to me each day through different people that gives me that extra push to stay focused. One example, I had contacted a guy that I have know for quite some time from my previous position at Itron. I knew that he is in the Lord - so I sent him an e-mail to let him know about this life changing journey. He e-mailed me back and it was nice hearing from him. The next morning I woke up and checked my email about 7:30 AM. I was having a bit of a bigger struggle this particular day with self doubt - starting to let self doubt creep in and challenge my actions and planning for the day. In my e-mail, was a note from this individual - that read "Keri, your pursuits were on my heart this morning. I wanted you to know that I prayed for you this morning and will continue to pray for you and your family." AMAZING !!!

The last three + weeks - the entire experience - all of it - the challenges, the doubts, the blessings - all of it combined has been the most rewarding, fulfilling, and purposeful journey and I am so thankful that the Lord called me to do Grace Abounds Ministries. I can not wait to share with the ladies tomorrow the fundraiser plan and see how God uses each of them to make this happen.

My life is in His hands. God speed.

Keri Ann Unsworth
Lover of Jesus
President and Head God Seeker for Grace Abounds Ministries

Comments

  1. You Go Girl!!

    Your witness of Trust inspires me to examine my own motivations and mission

    Rich C.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts