Hello by Adele...a real question

January 21, 3:16 P.M.
Location: Raymond, Mississippi

The Lyrics:
Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet
To go over everything
They say that time's supposed to heal ya
But I ain't done much healing
Hello, can you hear me
I'm in California dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before the world fell at our feet
There's such a difference between us
And a million miles
Hello from the other side
I must have called a thousand times
To tell you I'm sorry for everything that I've done
But when I call you never seem to be home
Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm sorry for breaking your heart
But it don't matter it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore
Today it is raining in Mississippi. The stormy weather comes with such appropriate timing. 
2015 filled with the supernatural rewards of my new baby girl. God holding us every step of the way. An emergency hysterectomy, a rare life threatening condition, but a perfect blue eyed blonde baby girl bustles onto the planet. Her beauty is fierce and undeniably the work of God. I could have died. God prepared the way. I made it through a 2 hour surgery needing only 2 units of blood, when many have needed more than 20. I never feared. I never questioned God. 
New perspective. I slowed down 6 months into my pregnancy which proved to be a wise decision. Prompted by God and led by my awesome faithful husband. I do not deserve him. The year moved forward with completeness of joy. We took trips, visited with family, and focused on the important things. And not on my list - a position, event, or paycheck. I just hung out with my children and served my husband. God really established our home with heart. The position of my heart forever changed. Forgiveness, grace, commitment, covenant, devotion...our lives such pictures of God's pursuit to lead us to the Cross. 
August 8, 2015. My father called. Cancer. Stomach. Painful. First diagnosis Terminal but then some hope for surgery to remove the mass. December 8, the scan showed the cancer spread from the mass to everywhere. No hope for his Earthly body other than a truly Divine Intervention. And then today, on this dreary rainy day in Mississippi, I rubbed my dad's back and held the coldest hand. The hourglass is sifting. The end is drawing near. And all I can think is thank God for HIs Grace - that in the summer of 1998 my dad and I were reunited.  A pure product of prayer and a weeping heart cry to God to be reunited with my daddy.  I needed my daddy.  I did not care anymore about circumstances or "shoulds" or "shouldn'ts". I needed him in my life. I was ready to forgive. A week later my dad called me in the middle of the night. He asked me to meet him in Philadelphia. And we did. And that was our first step to heal and reconcile. And we never stopped meeting together since that day. We embraced one another for who we are. At the foot of the Cross, we are the same. And that is how we did life together. Full of grace, joy, and more grace and joy. 
I know that God will not delay. If you are out there wondering if God hears you, or if you need to reach out to that loved one like in these lyrics, DO NOT DELAY. 

Comments

Popular Posts