Stepping out of your dreams and into God's destiny for your life!

4 Years ago this week I walked away from a corporate career into God's destiny for my life. Being a wife, a mom, and a prayer and marketing partner for people and non-profits. The journey thus far has been unbelievably rewarding. I experienced God move me out of his way and position my husband as the financial and spiritual leader of our household. In 6 months time, Jonathan Unsworth received a Director position AND his Master's Degree. Yes, he worked and applied himself, but the prayer and supernatural power of Christ in him moved many obstacles to make this possible. The blessings of watching James grow minute by minute go without saying. But one thing I know for sure now is that women who believe they can do it all believe a LIE! Read your Bible, we are not made to do it "ALL" we are made to do what He calls us to do and marriage and motherhood are at the top of God's order. I had the amazing opportunity to house a young lady in my house for 6 weeks and pour biblical TRUTH into her. The list of rewards are endless, and they are eternal things, not "man" measures of success. To be able to say "I am praying for you" and do so with integrity and with the capacity to intercede on their behalf with more than 25 different ladies, moms, and friends has been a blessing that leaves me speechless. Sitting in a chair for 6 weeks writing and doing nothing to draw an income was THE work of God and for those of you that know me realize what a test that was and still is for me. I had no idea that God could remove Keri's desires for titles, position, power, ambition of this world and replace it with an insatiable desire for the message of having a relationship with Jesus Christ, and that we all have a unique and powerful purpose for our lives. I will spend the rest of my life sharing the experiences with others so that they can have Abraham like Faith in God's plan as superior to their own. I am so so so thankful that when I pleaded to HR at Itron in the 9th hour to let me stay, that God intervened and my request was rejected. THANK YOU JESUS!!! The hours of my day are ordered by the Lord and the opportunities that God is providing are SO UNBELIEVABLY huge compared to what Keri can do. Fundraisers Keri can do $21,000.00 - the ones that God brought to me $175,000.00 raised. That is just one tangible example of how much greater God's plan is than our own. God is always holding out in front of us His Best for us - the problem with the human and the flesh is that we never want to wait. TRUST ME - ITS WORTH WAITING ON HIM FOR!!! I knew 4 years ago that I could never be the wife and mom that God commands me to be if I stayed in that position and in that industry. I knew that I was going to have to walk away from 8 years of investment of me, my ideas, my ambition and that was very tough. But THANK GOD I DID! I am not the same. I think different, I choose different, I walk different, and I pray God keeps increasing in my life, our family, and my career.

Comments

Popular Posts