5 Reasons The Bible is better than 50 Shades of Grey!

Good morning ladies and blog followers!!

I have a very special topic today. I have been pretty fired up for a while about our culture's obsession with books like 50 Shades of Grey.  

Here are 5 Reasons to go with what is biblical rather than what is cultural:

1.  God designed great love stories in the Bible for our reference!
Song of Solomon in the Holy Bible is the greatest love story ever written and its saucy!
"How beautiful are your feet in sandals, O prince's daughter! The curves of your thighs are like jewels, the work of the hand of a skillful workman!" Read Song of Solomon!
Song of Solomon 7:1


2.  It will not likely move you or your husband closer to the image of Jesus in your life or your marriage.What motivates these desires in every case I have seen is not brought by the Lord nor blessed by Him. Each moment we spend investing in things that are in opposition to God's Word just results in diminishing and forfeiting the greater things that He has promised for us in this time! Many of us dive into these things because we desire a better husband that pursues us. If we would exchange the time to prayer for time on our knees praying and believing for our husbands, then we would see the Lord answer!

1 Peter 3:1
Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives,

James 5:16
"The fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"

3. Our flesh is weak!
Ladies, what we feed grows!! Feeding your mind with fantasies about someone else's life and their sexcapades is not likely going to move you closer to the image of Jesus! Books like this feed our emotions and our desires to be pursued by men and engaging in this activity puts the emotional above the biblical.
Proverbs 6:28 "Can a man walk on hot coals And his feet not be scorched?

4.  Your flesh in marriage are as one!
When you made a covenant before God in marriage, you became one flesh. This complete union of mind, heart, and body as one flesh designed by God does not seem to align with taking that mind to a place outside of where your husbands mind, heart and body exist.

Mark 10:8 "So the two shall become one flesh"








5.  We are made in His Image and to "Imitate Him" is a command
Does this type of investment align with God's commands for us to walk in obedience to Him? Are we being truly obedient to the women that He has called us to be when we fix our eyes and minds on content of a sexual nature that happens outside of face to face intimate time with our spouse? Can you see Jesus sitting down reading 50 Shades of Grey?


1 Corinthians 11:1
"And you should imitate me, just as I imitate Christ."


1 Thessalonians 4:3
 It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality;
 
Ephesians 5: 8-9

“For you were once darkness, but now you are the light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.”  



PRAYER:
Heavenly Father, Faithful God, my flesh is so weak and my mind often fights against what I know you have commanded me to do for your glory. In the past I have not been willing to give up things that are important to me but are clearly not part of your design for my life, but I am asking that you give me the right heart for obedience, the courage to obey, no matter the circumstances. I pray you position my heart to pray with priority for a relationship with my spouse that is pleasing to you. I pray that you would put an insatiable desire in my husband that his desire be for me and my desire be for him. Please design my life to meet your purposes and not my own.  Give me strength to surrender everything and give me the discernment to know with clarity what opportunities are from you, and to imitate you as your word transforms me into the image of Jesus.









 

Comments

Popular Posts