In HIM for the long haul!

November 11, 2010

Eight weeks ago I left my job and walked away with no plan, but a certain calling on my life to step out towards entrepreneurship and women's ministry. Never before in my life have I taken a risk so great - as this decision impacts so many more than myself. Completely driven by peace and passion to work God's work and follow His plans for my life - I set out with a promise that I would stay faithful no matter what happened no matter how long things take.

With only faith and my family to depend on, I have been given experiences that are priceless - and days that just leave me speechless. I have learned that my best answers and advice come from God and not the people I work next to or sit next to at church. I have learned how to stand my own ground. But most of all, every day, every decision, I have learned to run to God because every action I take with my time and energy has so much more of an impact than ever before and I need confidence that I am doing the right things. This knowledge can only come from staying faithful and praying fervently.

I have also been able to see that some of the ordeals that are common challenges for me are actually gifts from God to build quality into my humanness. Each day is an act of proving my faith, but before in life, I allowed negative mindsets and attitudes move me  from recognizing that reactions to life are a true measure of our hearts. Now, I am able to take in every circumstance with responsibility for proving my faith.  This is especially important as I begin to mentor these women in my ministry. I have also received the blessing of God's grace - learning how to dissolve being offended by the actions of others. I see now  how many times Satan has used people and their behaviors to rob me of where I am going in Christ - pulling me away from Him and His principles.  But this new path He has given me can only unfold if I practice forgiveness. I can not allow others peoples opinions and behaviors move me in a direction opposite of God's best for me.

We are not free without forgiveness. And now I see and live the abundance of joy and peace that freedom brings and I will remain focused on never losing sight of this in my family and life. My greatest weakness is keeping my mouth shut. I have dealt with this since I could first walk. I am a talker. I want empathy, sympathy, justification - you name it. And now I am so free that God has shown me that I can in Him minimize this weakness - Romans 12:21. by refusing to speak about the hurts and disappointments others have brought. Freedom requires praying for the ability and taking action to seek blessings for those who we really do not like. I also have to question my motives on a daily basis because what I am guaranteed in His word is that apart from Him - Keri can do NOTHING. Joyce Meyer says "Don't say it with your mouth if your heart is screaming NO!" This is helping me develop discipline to manage myself and not overcommit. Keeping priorities in order - God first, family second, church and careers third/fourth - is essential. The greatest way for me to do this effectively is to ask myself, "If I do this ________, will I still be keeping His call on my life first without creating confusion between my priorities and without compromising the peace I have. God has designed priorities for us. Can I walk in Him in this decision without refusing to give up and without losing sight of this passion for Him?

Be consistent over the long haul. Staying power - passion and stability in my attitudes and actions for God's ways are always best. The sooner we submit to this the better off we will be.

Comments

Popular Posts