How To Retire: Stop Trying To Figure It Out!

Hey Y'all!

I watched a REALLY good message this morning. (Link will be at end of blog for reference).

How many times a day do you hear yourself say, "Well, I think..." or  "I bet you that A may happen".... or something like "I have no idea what is going on BUT I guarantee you..."

I don't know about YOU, but I am really tired of having these conversations out loud and even with myself. Day after day, hour by hour, I catch myself evaluating, discussing, wondering, etc. about small things, big things, just life in general.   Well, then it hit me. It is spiritually impossible to say truthfully "God I trust You!" and always be constantly wondering what He is doing in my life. And to be honest,  I am not even remotely successful at figuring out the future...really the only consistent outcome is fear and frustration.  Neither fear nor frustration come from the Lord. But what I do know, is that HELP comes from the Lord and He promises us in His Word that we has plans for us to prosper us and not to harm us (Jeremiah 29:11) and to work everything together for our good (Romans 8:28) because HE IS GOOD (Psalm 136)!

So, what does it look like to completely retire from these ongoing thinking sessions, evaluating, conversating, wondering, ...

Check Joyce's message out for today and be blessed!

Retire from yourself

Comments

Popular Posts