Are you living in the flesh?

Are you in the flesh or the Spirit?

New International Version (NIV)
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

 I think there are at least 3 simple questions to ask.





1. Ask the Lord daily, "Is there any offensive way in me?"
He will show you if there is. When He does repent and turn from it.  Psalm 139:24
as David asked, shows us that we should seek the Lord and ask him to lead us.

Psalm 139:24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

2. Ask the Lord daily, "Is there any action, behavior, etc. in my walk or anyone in my walk that does not align with who you have called me to be in Christ?"
Are there any behaviors that God shows you that lack integrity? Are you who you say you are? Are there companions that you are spending alot of time with that display behaviors in opposition to God's word?  When you are all alone and the stage is bare, are you spending time in the Word and prayer? Can other people testify to your relationship with Christ based on what they see from you?

Read these scriptures:
Psalm 128:1
Proverbs 13:20 

Proverbs 10:9 
Whoever walks in integrity walks securely,
    but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out.

3.  Ask the Lord daily, "God am I more emotional and reactive than I am biblical?"
Do you often lose self-control? Are you quick tempered or angry? Are you in a constant state of frustration? Are there certain things that you know are going to set you off? If you are fixing your mind on anticipating getting angry, then you are likely allowing your emotions to carry you rather than God's promises.  One of the strongest fruits of the Spirit is our ability to rest in Him and exhibit self-control.

Proverbs 25:28
Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.

Prayer:
Father, thank you for your Word. Thank you for the opportunity we have each day in You and the sufficiency of Your Grace to pursue a life in Christ that is full of joy. Please show me any offensive ways in me and give me the courage and love for you to turn from it. Please point out to me if my walk, my words, my actions lack integrity so that I can become more like you and less like myself. Father, please develop in me the qualities that will show others how wonderful a relationship with Jesus is so that others may know him because of the joy you build in me. 

Comments

Popular Posts