God promises to do a "new" thing

January 28, 2013

Good morning! 

I hope everyone who reads this today has committed to the Lord their time daily in His  Word. The most powerful position that we can have is on our knees and in His Word begging to hear from Him. 

This morning during my reading, the Lord led me to a passage in "Jesus Calling" that messaged to me, "Trust Me Keri". As I laid in bed last night, my prayers were focused on asking the Lord to help me not be afraid of all of the new directions that He is taking my life. When I pause to think about the work the Lord has done in the last two + years I have no doubt that He is leading me and taking care of me and my family. But when I put our current situation in the context of the world and worldly things, I get very afraid. For example, the job that I am currently performing is not a "job". It does not exist anywhere on career builder. Truly it is a product, a fruit, of faith prompted action birthed by the Lord's Hand on my life. I am humbled and overwhelmed when I think of How strongly He is leading me down new paths that are far greater than anything I could plan or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). 

Abraham went up Mt. Moriah and had no idea what was going to take place. When God called Abraham to go up the mountain, he obeyed without being tied to the outcome. The Lord called him during his journey to sacrifice his son when he reached the top of the mountain. I can not imagine going hiking with my family and then when I get to the top the Lord asks me to give away my son to Him. But when I think of the faith and obedience Abraham had, I realize that this level of sacrifice, faith, and commitment is exactly what the Lord requires for me to have and has already equipped me to live out. Why should I be afraid? Look at the life full of reward and spiritual blessing that Abraham experienced. Every step the Lord has guided me towards has proven to be God's best for me and superior to anything that I can do on my own independent from His Word. Why should I fear? 

People - our God is the SAME GOD!!! He is living in us! 
"I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'? He is not the God of the dead but of the living." 

So, let our focus be on Isaiah 43: 18 and 19 "Do not remember the former things nor consider the things of the past...behold I will do a new thing now it shall spring forth"

Comments

Popular Posts