The Power of a Praying Wife

January 5, 2012

I come into contact with women everyday that complain non-stop about their husbands. And believe me, there are many days when I get frustrated because mine is not doing what I want him to do or how I want him to do it. But frankly, God's design for marriage is not about what a wife wants, or a husband wants ...the center of a successful marriage focuses on what God wants. Most spouses spend alot of time praying, but praying for God to answer what they want to have happen in their spouse or for their spouse or for themselves. But God is very clear, that before we ask for answers to prayers, that we are walking with Him, letting His Word live in us, and then asking for what we want. But the funny thing is, when we are walking with God and living in His Word, we often see our hearts change and what we ask for change because we are becoming more like Him and what we ask for becomes more in line with God's will.

Imagine what you may accomplish if we redirect the energy we use to complain and channelled it into prayer and getting out our Bibles to grow deeper relationships with God. 
Last year in September we received God's vision for our family and changed the dynamic of our household to honor God's call for us to live on my husband's earnings. There is no way we would be where we are, without acknowledging that we can not take one step without guidance from the Lord and His word. As a Type A wife who made a good income, it has been very challenging for me to move from a position of control and trust my husband and his walk with the Lord.  I realized that so many days I was fussing about "you need to do this, and why have you not done this..." and when we both started recognizing that it needed to be God's design and plan rather than what each of us think independently about what we should have or need to do, things just started getting smoother. 

I started reading "The Power Of A Praying Wife" and it has really shown me how powerful prayer is, and that I was not ever praying enough or specifically enough about God moving us to where He wants us to be. John 15:7 tells us "If you abide in me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you".   I wanted to share with you one of the prayers that has been transforming for us and really moved us closer to His plan - so that we are focused more on Him and less on our selfish motives. What do you need to pray for your husband today?

My prayer:

Lord, please help Jon receive clarity on what your net steps are for him. Please open up doors for what you have created him to do and give me peace and help me trust that his decisions are from him following Your vision. Proverbs 22:29

Please remove the people, tasks, and things that are in his way that distract him from achieving the goals that are glorifying to you and part of Your plan. Show favor on his leadership as our head of household and his hard work. We pray a better financial condition that is more suitable and rewarding his hard work. As he leads our family, bless the work of his hands and mind. I pray he receives the fullness of joy in his work that we know you offer Lord. There are gifts and talents Jon has been given by you that remain undiscovered and untapped. I pray you will open his eyes and draw him to your plan and give him friends to reinforce what these talents are. Please let him be recognized for work that is glorifying to you. Please empower him to continue his work with fulfillment and purpose. I pray you expand his territory and bless him with godly male counsel and move him closer to the people who love you.

Comments

Popular Posts